Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Events

Gardeners Delight'  An Annual Summer Weekend of Members' Open Gardens

Saturday 25  and Sunday 26 June, 2pm – 6pm

We’re very much looking forward to sharing our beautiful gardens  whilst generating funds for the society and various charites.

The entry fee goes to the society but each garden can nominate a charity and raise funds by plant sales, Teas , produce sales and raise additional funds.

Programmes will be available on the day at each of the gardens, and will double as an admission ticket and a map of garden locations, at a cost of £7.50 per person.

Children under 16 have free entry and must be accompanied by an adult. Only guide dogs are permitted.

Below are details of the gardens opening this year and how to get tickets . See attachments.

Visit to Wisley by coach 14 July 2022 

Each year, the Society is permitted by the RHS to visit one of its gardens. For 2022, we have agreed a visit to Wisley on 14th July and we have arranged to hire a coach for 36. If you are not a member of RHS this is a superb opportunity to visit their ‘flagship’ garden which has been significantly changed over the last two to three years. As this will be a small coach we will operate on a ‘first come first served’ and will be open to KWTHS members and friends. The charge will be £10 for members and £12 for friends with payment to be taken on the day.

We will aim to leave Walton Ponds at 10 am, Tadworth Bridge at 10.05am and Lower Kingswood at 10.10 am with a view of arriving at Wisley about 10.45am. We would aim to leave Wisley at 3.30pm 

There are still places available so if you wish to reserve a place, please contact Cathy and David ([email protected] or 020 8660 9242, 07531 822547, 07932 899757). 

For those with mobility issues, we are able to reserve mobility scooter at Wisley so please let us know in advance if one will be required, they have 8 available. 

AGM AND TALK 10 August 2022 @ 7.30

Annual General Meeting and Talk to be held at  Church Hall of Christchurch, Walton- on- the Hill . The Talk will be about the National Garden Scheme and some of their lovely gardens.

Withypitts Dahlias  18 August 2022

We are organising a visit to Richard’s nursery on 18th August to see the dahlias in their full glory. The visit will start at 11 am and last about 1 – 1 ½ hours. This will be a self-drive outing and if you are interested, please let us Cathy/David know as we have committed to inform Richard of the number attending. In addition, if you are able to offer a lift to someone else, please also let us know. The cost will be £5 per person and non-members are welcome.

The Nursery is located Grove Stables Paddockhurst Road Turners Hill West Sussex RH10 4SFt

In the afternoon both Wakehurst Place and Borde Hill are quite close so you may wish to consider visiting one of these gardens.

13 October 2022 Talk by Simon Horrill

More information to follow but below is a bit of information about Simon.

"I always found out door spaces inspired me , they would relax, surprise and delight me . I thank my father for being in the garden so much which always included fruit ,vegetables and plants . My retaining as a garden designer came later in life and as a huge change after a wonderful career working as a dancer with highlights being a member of The Royal Ballet and the West End production of Cats . I knew as I wasn't going to be able to keep dancing all my life and I wanted to do something as creative and challenging .After many deliberations garden design seemed a good fit .I was interviewed and offered a place at London Collage of Garden Design on the diploma course. We were based at Kew and met so many amazing and generous people who had such a passion for sharing their love and ideas about gardens in all their forms .After learning many new skills I graduated ( with distinction ) and started mixing garden design and dance teaching . The course showed me that my background had many transferable skill and that understanding space and working three dimensionally were often the most valuable when working with clients .I start each potential project understanding what the clients wants and need are. Everyone and their space are different, so the excitement for me is marrying the two together. I find mostly people need help in formulating their ideas in to a cohesive plan as well seeing it in some 3D format. I get excited about a space and its potential ,what I would do and what clients want can be very different and my job is to give them the garden they need with a little extra that hadn’t been thought about "